60×60 Metal Building Kits for Sale
When people are thinking about creating a new building, usually they imagine using wood as the building material. While wood is a traditional material, it comes with many disadvantages. For example, wooden buildings are prone to termite infestations, mold, and mildew, and often take a long time to construct.
When you choose metal instead, you do not have to worry about termites, mold, or mildew, as the material is not organic. Additionally, metal buildings come pre-fabricated which means construction will be quick and painless. As a result, many people are making the switch from wooden buildings to metal.
One of the most popular dimensions for prefabricated metal buildings is 60×60. Being aware of the benefits of choosing metal and how much a 60×60 metal building will cost can provide you with the information you need to begin the planning process.
Get A Quote on 60X60 Metal Buildings Today!
How Can You Use a 60×60 Metal Building?
60×60 metal building kits will provide you with 3,600 square feet of unobstructed space in clear-span design. Having this much space means you can use the structure for a wide range of purposes. Whether you are creating a new residential, commercial, or agricultural building, a 60×60 kit might be right for you.
Common uses for 60×60 metal building kits include:
- Shelter for livestock or farm animals
- Storage room for hay and farming equipment
- An auto shop
- Storage building for vehicles or boats
- Steel workshop for woodworking or other projects
- Manufacturing building
- Bitcoin or cryptocurrency mining
- Retail stores
- A restaurant
- Municipal buildings
- Houses of worship
Because metal buildings do not require large support beams, you will have an unobstructed and open floor plan that allows you to design the interior however you see fit. Whether you are creating separate stalls for your animals or assembly lines for a manufacturing plant, a 60×60 metal building can suit your needs.
Understanding the Cost of a 60×60 Metal Building
If you are interested in purchasing a 60×60 metal building, you might be wondering how much they cost. It is important to note that the market price of metal fluctuates depending on supply and demand. With that being said, the current market price is between $25 to $35 per square foot.
A basic, no-frills 60×60 metal building kit will cost at least $90,000 to start. Once you begin adding customizations and building according to your state or city’s codes, this price could increase.
While the initial cost of a 60×60 metal building kit might seem steep, you will save plenty of money over time by simply choosing this durable, high-quality material.
What Factors Affect the Price of a 60×60 Metal Building?
The first factor that plays a role in the price of a 60×60 metal building is the market price of metal. Market prices tend to fluctuate because certain times of the year see lower production of metal. However, if you time the planning process correctly, you can start constructing your building during peak metal production times, lowering the initial cost.
Another important factor to consider is the location of your building. Depending on where you live, your local municipality might have very specific building codes to keep your environment safe and unharmed. These customizations could increase the cost of your building.
Lastly, many people have specific customizations they would like to add to their building. Design features that might increase the price of a 60×60 metal building include:
- The type and amount of doors and windows
- Whether you include skylights
- The type of insulation you use
- Specialized exterior finishes like fire-resistant coating
- Customizations to the interior structure of the building
- Special design features on the exterior of your building
What are the Benefits of Using Metal for Your 60×60 Building?
Now that you understand the factors that could affect the price of your 60×60 metal building, it’s important to be aware of the benefits you will receive. Oftentimes, paying the upfront cost of creating a metal structure will save you money in the long run because of the durability of this material.
The common benefits of choosing metal as your building material include:
- Durability – Metal is a durable and long-lasting material, which means you will not have to worry about most of the yearly maintenance costs associated with owning a building like re-painting, fixing warps or cracks, or pest management.
- Protection From Weather – Because of how durable metal is, you will not have to worry about significant damage during even the most severe weather events.
- Pest Resistant – Metal is inorganic, meaning mold, mildew, and termites cannot affect it. Additionally, metal does not crack or splinter like wood does, which is how most insects get inside of buildings in the first place.
- Lowered Insurance Costs – Since metal is less prone to pests and damage from weather, your insurance costs might be lower than if you chose a wooden building.
- Lowered Energy Bills – Metal has deep wall cavities, making it easier to insulate. Because of this, your energy bills will be lowered and so will your impact on the environment.
- Quick Installation Times – Because metal building kits arrive at the construction site pre-fabricated, they are constructed and installed fairly quickly.
- Customizations – Metal buildings are extremely easy to customize, so much so that you can add-on to your building later if your needs grow.
- Open Floor Plan – Metal is self-supporting, meaning it does not require large support beams on the interior of your building, providing you with a clear-span design.
Find Reliable 60×60 Metal Buildings for Sale
60×60 metal buildings are extremely versatile, which means you can use them for just about any purpose you can think of. Whether you require a new storage building, or a workshop, or are looking to start a new family business, a 60×60 metal building is the best choice. At Titan Steel Structures, we can provide you with durable, highly customizable, and prefabricated metal building kits.
Contact us today to work with one of our expert engineers and begin designing your 60×60 metal building kit.