Determining What Size Metal Building You Need
Smart business owners choose metal buildings for their commercial and agricultural endeavors for several reasons including durability, quick construction, low maintenance, and reduced insurance costs. Steel buildings are faster to design than brick or wood buildings, and in many cases, they can even be cheaper.
One of the most important considerations to make is what size metal building you will need for your ventures. The size you need depends on the purpose of the building, the extent of your operations, and the dimensions you desire.
Most metal buildings are low-rise, consisting of only one or two stories. As a result, you need the building to be long and wide enough to suit your needs.
- Metal building length – Your metal building can be as long as you desire it to be. Titan Steel provides prefabricated metal buildings in a number of different lengths ranging from 30 to 100 feet. Longer buildings are great for buildings that need multiple rows such as for living quarters or for bays for car repair.
- Metal building width – Prefabricated metal buildings also come in various different widths ranging from 50 feet to 200 feet. You may need a wider building for warehouse storage or agricultural purposes.
- Total square feet – Keep in mind that you can make more out of your square footage in metal buildings than you can in wood or brick buildings because center beams are usually not required. This means you can utilize every square inch of your building’s interior for your operations.
Factors to Consider When Choosing the Right Metal Building Size
When determining what size metal building you need, take the following variables into consideration:
- Building purpose – What your building will be used for should be the determining factor in the size and shape of your building. Carefully consider how much space your operations need, what layout you plan to use inside, and how you want everything to look.
- The number of employees or livestock – The more employees you have working or the more livestock you need to house, the larger your space should be.
- Storage needs – Almost all businesses have storage needs of some sort, so be sure to consider space for storage when choosing a building size.
- Budget – The higher the square footage, the higher the cost of your metal building will be.
- Building location – Lastly, your building must fit appropriately on your property. Take note of any hills, rivers, or other natural barriers so your building has enough space to sit comfortably without encroaching upon unsuitable areas. The last thing you want to happen is to get your building and find that it is too big for its allocated space.
- Future expansion plans – Are you fairly certain that your business will expand in the near future? If so, you want to have enough room to accommodate the expansion. As a result, you want to avoid cramming everything into too small of a space. Consider giving yourself some extra room for growth.
The Most Popular Metal Building Sizes
Metal buildings come in more than a dozen different sizes, but three of the most popular building sizes are:
40×60 Metal Buildings
40×60 metal buildings are durable and versatile but also highly affordable. This size metal building is great for many equestrian barns, farming needs, businesses, RV storage, small retail outlets, auto repair shops, and more.
30×50 Metal Buildings
A 30×50 space may seem small, but it is another popular and affordable metal building size that is often used for backyard storage, workshops, auto repair shops, and even small commercial stories such as donut shops or bakeries. Many small “mom and pop” shops can be launched out of a 30×50 metal building.
50×100 Metal Buildings
Another popular metal building size is 50×100. 50×100 metal buildings provide 5,000 square feet of a wide-open, spacious floor plan that is perfect for mid-sized to larger operations such as churches and fellowship halls, farm or agricultural warehouses, retail storage facilities, fulfillment warehouses, dance studies, and much more.
Other Prefabricated Metal Building Dimensions
Additional size options include:
Find the Right Size Metal Building for You
Titan Steel Structures is a leading provider of durable prefabricated metal buildings. We believe in a multidimensional approach to offering the best customer satisfaction and maintaining our position as a leader in the pre-engineered steel structures industry.
Starting at the moment you request a quote, we work closely with you and put your needs first. From determining what dimensions suit your needs to picking out the colors and accessories, we are committed to customer satisfaction every step of the way.
Not sure where to begin? Give us a call now. Our dedicated customer service professionals are available to assist you in finding the right steel building kit for you.